Time&Leisure, Tuesday 12 July 2016
Personal stylist Emily Stott pinpoints what to pack for a stylish beach holiday…
When your body hasn’t seen the light of day for eight months, the thought of swimwear shopping is not one to be relished. The good news is beachwear has come a long way since the days of communal fitting rooms. Whether your holiday involves relaxing with a cocktail or chasing after
toddlers, you can still look and feel your best.
1. The one-piece covers a multitude of sins and is right back on trend this summer. A stylish one shoulder style will double up as a top come evening.
2. Matching your sarong or kaftan to your swimwear provides effortless elegance even if in reality you feel sand whipped and salty.
3. Stripes are back for 2016, nautical navy and white is a contemporary classic.
4. Summer is too fleeting to save sequins for best. These gorgeous bags are practical enough for the beach but will also add glamour as the sun sets.
5. A jelly sandal which is as feminine as it is beachworthy? Buy all three colours!
6. Top your beach look off with a hat and customise with a scarf tied around the brim.