Age UK Surrey: Supporting Older People In Your Neighbourhood
Growing older doesn’t come with a manual and that’s where Age UK Surrey can help. We talk to the team at the local, independent charity about their goals
Information and advice. Age UK Surrey’s experienced Information and Advice Team can provide information, advice and support to enable you to maximise your income and maintain your independence; and if they can’t help they are usually able to signpost you to someone who can. The service is free, conﬁdential and impartial.
Help at home.
Whether you need someone to do light housework, laundry, go to the shops, tidy your garden or just have a chat with and for some companionship, Age UK Surrey can make life easier for you at an affordable cost.
Our volunteer befrienders can offer support and companionship through weekly home visits or outings in Guildford, Waverley, Runnymede and Spelthorne.
We run social activities across Surrey for anyone over 50 who is looking to meet other people and take part in an activity. These include:
• Café culture – weekly get-togethers at town centre locations in Farnham, Cranleigh and Staines • Tea and chat – fortnightly or monthly sessions with refreshments, quizzes and games in Caterham, Lingﬁ eld and Oxted
• Men in sheds – weekly sessions for older men to socialise and practise carpentry skills at our shed in Ash
• Computer drop-in service – Need help with technology? Come to our free one-to-one computer drop-in service in Guildford. Use one of our computers or bring your own laptop or device and we will help with all your questions
• Falls prevention exercise class and Lunch Club – in Haslemere
• GO50 walks – volunteer-led walks are a great way to meet people and build regular exercise into your routine. Walks are between two and 11 miles
Located at Bedford Road Car Park, Guildford, anyone can hire a manual or powered wheelchair or scooter for a fee.
Age UK Surrey