Choc and Nut Pancake Day Heaven!
Make pancake day even sweeter this year with this Chocolaty creation from Guylian…
Celebrate Shrove Tuesday with this delicious, sweet pancake dessert recipe to make at home finished with Guylian Belgian Chocolate. A decadent twist on a classic, these Dutch Baby Pancakes, created in partnership with the talented Rachel Phipps of @missrachelphipps, are bound to be a big hit with chocolate lovers.
Serves 2; Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Large knob unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- Small handful toasted hazelnuts
- 9 Guylian Sea Shells or Sea Horses
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the vanilla and the milk, followed by the flour until the batter is smooth.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 9 holes of a non-stick muffin tin with melted butter. Divide the batter between each of them and bake for 15 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the butter pan with a piece of kitchen towel and then use the pan to heat the chocolate hazelnut spread until it reaches drizzling consistency. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Remove the pancakes from the oven and transfer them to a warm serving bowl. Drizzle the pancakes with the chocolate hazelnut sauce, then sprinkle over the nuts. Nestle a Guylian Sea Shell or Guylian Sea Horse in the middle of each pancake and serve immediately. This is best served with two sets of knives and forks, for sharing in front of the TV!