Online Wine Course with Wimbledon Wine School
Online Wine Courses with Wimbledon Wine School
Become a qualified wine enthusiast from the comfort of your kitchen table with local wine expert Richard Household, certified local wine educator
Wine consumption may have been on the increase in many households since lockdown began, but have you ever thought you’d like more knowledge about wines? This may just be the perfect moment to combine our passion for wine and get a serious wine qualification at the same time. Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) are allowing approved and certified educators like Richard to run online courses through their online classroom. The Level 2 Award in Wine is an excellent course and is designed for complete beginners to those with some knowledge but want to know more.
How does the Online Level 2 Wine Course work?
Each course has a set start and finish date, with clear guidelines on progression. Students can complete their learning at times that suit them.
Students will learn through a range of independent and/or group activities supported by videos and quizzes, designed to achieve the required learning outcomes to prepare for the examination – which can now also be taken remotely.
Throughout the course students will have access to a subject-specialist educator (Richard Household, Wimbledon Wine School) who’ll provide feedback on any assigned exercises and respond to course related queries. Richard will also provide online tasting tutorials.
The course is run over 5 weeks and costs £285. This includes access to the WSET Online Classroom, Study Pack and the exam. Tasting wines are not included in the online course.
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- Tasting and evaluating wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- Factors affecting wine style and quality- environmental factors, grape-growing and winemaking
- Key grape varieties and important wine growing regions – Pinot Noir, Zinfandel/Primitivo, Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah/Shiraz and more.
- Introducing sparkling wines and fortified wines
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
Sparkling wines & Fortified wines
- Pairing wine and food
- Storage and the service of wine
The next course will run from mid May.
Book your place now or for more information please visit Wimbledon Wine School at