Pancake Day Recipe: Vegan Banana & Oat Pancakes with Yoghurt & Maple Syrup
It’s the time of year to clear your cupboards again and create some delicious, fluffy pancakes – this time with a scrumptious recipe courtesy of Simon Duff, Executive Chef at Darwin & Wallace!
This recipe is designed to make 8 pancakes:
1. Blitz till smooth in the blender: 250g oats, 250g banana, 1/2 a lemon juiced, 12g baking powder, 300g oat milk. (if the mix looks too thick add a bit more oat milk)
2. Use ladle to pour 90g batter onto the hot griddle.
3. Cook the pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, until the undersides are golden and you see a few bubbles popping through the pancakes.
4. Flip the pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until they are golden
- Coconut Yoghurt
- Maple Syrup
- Demerara Sugar
- Coconut Flakes
- Icing Sugar
- 1 banana per person
1. Caramelised Banana: Cut the banana in 1/2 length ways & cut in 1/2 again and sprinkle with demerara sugar and blow torch till golden.
2. Place 1 pancake then top with a spoon of coconut yoghurt, & 1/2 a warm caramelised banana.
3. Then place the next pancake, the other 1/2 warm caramelised banana then another spoon of coconut yoghurt.
4. Serve maple syrup on the side and then toasted coconut flakes & Icing sugar and serve.
Check out Darwin & Wallaces’ pancake day menus at local bars, including No32 the Old Town, Clapham, and 601 Queen’s Rd, Wimbledon, read more here!