The Final Polka Push
The Final Polka Push
Education, sustainability and inclusion are all on the agenda when Polka Theatre re-opens later this year
Polka empowers children to navigate their world through inspirational theatre and creative experiences.
Opening this Autumn, our building reimagines what a dedicated children’s theatre could and should be for young audiences and their families, creating a vibrant hub for future generations at the heart of our community.
The redevelopment embodies our vision for an inclusive, sustainable and inspirational Polka.
Our advisory panel of 8-13 year olds are championing efforts to reduce our carbon footprint. We’re cutting our water and energy consumption and opting for renewable energy where possible. We’ll be able to limit overheating with solar control glass and external shading, and have solar panels on our roof. We’re committed to using sustainable materials and placing recycling at the heart of our operations.
As well as all the improvements to the building during the redevelopment, Polka is also proud to be working with Crew Energy to continue improving the building’s sustainability beyond reopening, and working alongside them to bring the message of sustainability to our local community.
Our reimagined home will be a haven for families, including:
• An extended Adventure Theatre with increased capacity for Early Years audiences
• A centralised Clore Learning Space offering an expanded programme
• A newly expanded destination Café
• New toilet and baby changing. Signiﬁcantly improved accessibility
• A new multi-sensory garden and improved outdoor play area
• Our ﬁrst onsite rehearsal studio so we can continue making excellent theatre for young audiences
FUTURE Polka is almost a reality, but we still need your support – please donate to our FUTURE Polka campaign to give us the ﬁnal push to open our doors. Find out more at polkatheatre.com/futurepolka.
Polka is where theatre begins – help us shape the stories and empower generations to come!