Turkey, Sage and Onion Croquettes Recipe
Get that festive foodie feeling with this fabulous, tasty and simple Turkey Croquettes recipe courtesy of Ascot’s Festive Recipe Collection.
Serves 8; Prep 20 mins; Cook 5 mins
- 150g minced turkey thigh
- 4 Cumberland sausages
- 1 small packet of sage and onion stuffing mix
- 3 free-range eggs
- 100g flour
- Salt and pepper to season
- Start by taking the skins off the sausages, then mix in the turkey mince. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 7-8cm sausages.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs and stuffing mix into three separate small bowls.
- Roll the sausage and turkey sausages in the flour, dip in the beaten egg then cover the balls with the dry sage and onion stuffing mix. Set aside in the fridge until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, deep fry for roughly five minutes in hot oil or until the sausages float to the top.
- Enjoy with a festive tomato chutney or a cranberry and port sauce.
Not looking to get pull your sleeves up and hit the kitchen? Head to Ascot Racecourse between December 10 – 20 for a festive pop-up restaurant experience in the Old Paddock Restaurant – Feast. The Old Paddock Restaurant will be changing its décor and menu to give everyone a chance to enjoy some special time with family this Christmas.
Among the choices for each course, menu highlights include a starter of Oak smoked salmon, dill and avocado puree & pickled cucumber, a Roast Norfolk Turkey as a fitting centrepiece and no less than four mouth-wateringly delicious Christmas desserts. It is also the perfect opportunity to combine your festive dining experience with the Luna Cinema which will be held at Ascot on the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 20th December.