Vegan recipe for Indian-inspired coconut pancake
A fresh and filling vegan recipe for an Indian favourite that is ready in mere minutes, courtesy of the Vegan Chef Institute
Ingredients for one pancake:
- 690ml Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Gram flour
- 1 tablespoon Potato starch
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
Add the ingredients into a jug and mix well, allow to rest while you prep the other ingredients.
- A little Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Black mustard seeds
- A few Fresh curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon Desiccated coconut
- 3 Asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 Tenderstem broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces
- A quarter of a Red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Pak choi or choi sum, leaves separated
- The juice of half a Lime
- Heat a large frying pan on a high heat, add the oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and 1 tablespoon coconut. Fry for a few minutes until the seeds start to pop.
- Add the asparagus, broccoli, pepper and tomatoes, add a splash of water, cook for few minutes then add the pak choi. Cook for a few more minutes until the veg is just cooked.
- Remove from the pan and cover.
- Heat a little oil in the pan then add the pancake batter tipping the pan to the side so the batter spreads out.
- Cook for a few minutes then flip over, add the veg to the pancake, once the underside is cooked.
- Top with the remaining coconut and a generous squeeze of lime.