Pistachio ‘Nice’ Cream Recipe
PISTACHIO ‘NICE’ CREAM RECIPE
CHEF AND BARNES LOCAL JUSTINE MURPHY SHARES HER RECIPE FOR A DELICIOUS HEALTHIER GELATO. SERVES SIX.
Recipe from The mymuybueno Cookbook, Meze Publishing
400ml tinned coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
340ml carton almond milk
100g Medjool dates, pitted
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
• Place the pistachios into your food processor and grind them into a flour, then put them into a blender.
• Do not shake the tin of coconut milk, just remove it from the fridge, open and gently scoop the thick coconut cream off the top. Discard the clear liquid. Place the coconut cream into your blender along with the almond milk, dates, syrup and vanilla.
• Blend the mixture until completely smooth, then taste it and add more vanilla or syrup if needed.
• Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and leave to churn until ready. If you don’t have
an ice cream machine, you can skip this step and still achieve a good result. Pour into a large container and freeze.
• Leave the pistachio nice cream to thaw for 10 minutes before serving so it has a creamy texture.