Pleesecakes’ Kit Kat Cheesecake Recipe
PLEESECAKES’ KIT KAT CHEESECAKE RECIPE
THIS DELICIOUS KIT KAT CHEESECAKE RECIPE BY PLEESECAKES, FULL OF CHUNKY KIT KAT PIECES AND SMOTHERED IN SILKY GANACHE IS THE PERFECT CELEBRATORY CAKE FOR REUNITING WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
300g plain digestives
110g salted butter
20g cocoa powder
800g cream cheese
80g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
170g double cream
100g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
10g cocoa powder
100ml double cream (heated until piping hot)
1. Pour the melted butter over the biscuit crumb, add the cocoa powder and stir.
2. Add in the chopped kitkats.
3. Line the 8” tin with the small kitkats.
4. Pour in the base mixture.
5. Stamp down to create a firm base.
6. Freeze for 15 minutes or until set.
7. For the ganache, mix the milk chocolate, dark chocolate and cocoa powder in a bowl. Pour over the piping hot cream & mix until smooth. Put to one side.
9. For the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, double cream and vanilla essence until smooth. Add some kitkat chunks.Pour in some of the ganache and half mix to create a swirl.
10. Using a spatula, spoon into base and press down to ensure there are no gaps or air bubbles. Level off slightly before pouring over the remaining ganache.
11. Set in a fridge for 10 mins before decorating. Be creative and use as many or as little toppings as you like!