Mango Lassi Recipe
MANGO LASSI RECIPE
WILL BOWLBY, CHEF PATRON OF KRICKET SHARES HIS DELICIOUS MANGO LASSI RECIPE.
This sweet drink works a charm alongside spicy dishes. The creamy blend of yoghurt and mango soothes the palate and tastes wonderful. In Will Bowlby’s own words:
“Lassi comes mainly in two varieties: sweet and salted. This fruity, mango version is the sweet kind, and is slightly spiced with cumin, peppercorns and saffron, for added flavour”.
- 750 ml fresh mango pulp
- 375 ml water
4 Tablespoons of Greek style yoghurt
- 4 pinches of ground cumin
- 7 pinches of ground pink peppercorns
- 7 pinches of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Ice cubes
- Half a mango, peeled, destoned and finely diced
- A sprig of fresh mint
- A pinch of saffron
- To make the lassi, add the mango pulp, water and yoghurt to a large bowl and whisk until it becomes a smooth, thick consistency. You may need to use a hand blender to do this.
- Add the cumin, pink peppercorns and salt, and stir again. Cover and leave in fridge to cool.
- Serve in a tall glass with a few ice cubes. Garnish with finely diced mango, mint and a pinch of saffron.