Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe
Avoid indecisive snacking with this fabulous Cinnamon Protein Bar recipe
Tuck into this Cinnamon Protein Bar recipe courtesy of Maria Fernandes-Gartside, of Fit Eats N’ Treats Nutrition Coaching. Made with a few simple ingredients and much better than shop-bought bar, the protein helps to keep you full and these make for a great snack – easy and at a fraction of the cost of branded bars.
Ingredients and method below. Makes 16
- 45g protein powder
- 90g rolled oats
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 100g almond butter
- 60g honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place the protein powder, cinnamon and rolled oats into a food processor and blitz together until the oats turn into powder.
- Add the melted coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla extract into the food processor and blitz again until it forms a sticky dough. If it feels too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water and blitz again.
- Line a 20x30cm baking tin with parchment paper and scoop the protein bar mixture into the tray, pressing it down with a spoon. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut the mixture into 16 protein bars and store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 7 days.